Moderating two sessions at GNO Inc's 2018 #EmergeSummit was an amazing experience, and I'm humbled and honored to have taken part. This two-day summit included an amazing array of speakers, panels, and topics ranging from leadership, to choosing happiness, to financial planning, to personal growth. The networking was amazing and I got to visit some of my favorite people too! Some of my favorite take-aways from the sessions I moderated (and the ones I attended) are generally great themes for life:
1. Be genuine in who you are, what you are passionate about, and what you intend to do. Knowing yourself and your purpose will guide you in things small and large.
2. Be clear-thinking about your vision, know how to articulate it to others, and how to express what you are looking for/asking for/hoping for.
3. Find the things that make your heart sing and just do them. Combine areas of interest in your life that are seemingly unrelated and just GO. You'll be surprised how things can come together or work in tandem.
4. Surround yourself with amazing, enthusiastic, smart people. Your relationships are your best asset. (Leading my serving is also a fantastic way to serve and build connections!)
5. Say YES when something sounds interesting! I've found myself saying YES even if I wasn't 100% sure I could or should step up to do something. And in the last year, I can honestly say that I've found more joy, more success, and more peace by just trying and going all-in... and seeing where it leads me. Hence, the panel moderating which turned out to be an absolute blast!
Thank you, Emerge Summit, for inviting me in to be a part of your amazing conference for young professionals and emerging leaders!